Hand Made, The Old-Fashioned Way
Available for custom order are stunning Cowichan Sweater Vests. You pick the colour, design and size, or let one of our knitters surprise you with a truly genuine creation.
Whether you're repairing your car in the cold or reeling in a slimy salmon, this vest will be sure to keep you warm, but your arms will be left free when the tough gets going; or maybe you're just a vest person. Either way, Cowichan Wool Vests are going to be soft, durable and very warm. This sweater is crafted from 100% undyed sheep wool by our very experienced Cowichan Knitters,
Your Vest can be used in mostly all weather, from out on the boat in the Summer, walking downtown on a mild Spring day to hiking out in the wilderness in the middle of winter. Due to it's bulky wool construction, the sweater regulates your temperature, resulting in never-too-hot never-too-cold. This makes it unlike any other jacket or sweater out there.
From the first day you put on your sweater, you're part of a club. You nod your head to passer-bys wearing one, and you are asked where you obtained it from others. All you know, is that you are more comfortable than ever, and your sweater will serve you for the rest of your life.
To Sum It All Up...
- Hand Made: Your sweater is hand made by local Cowichan indiginous members, the old fashioned way. No factories here.
- 100% Wool: It's made of raw, undyed sheep's wool. This means the colour never fades or runs and the material breaths so you are always comfortable.
- Weather Resistant: Fear not rain, snow or wind. The wool is waterproof and windproof.
- Temperature Regulating: Feel warm in below-zero weather, yet comfortable on a mild summer day. The nature of bulky wool is it keeps just the right temperature, year round.
- No Sleeves = Free Arms: The allure of a vest is that whether you are repairing a car in the cold, or reeling in a slimy salmon, your arms remain free.
- Supporting Indiginous Families: Each sweater you buy directly benefits a first-nations family. It is hard work, a labour of love, and a dying art.
- Face of Native Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not 100% happy with your sweater, we'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
Please include your chest measurement, and order your jacket size.
These are hand made each order. Please allow approx. 2 weeks to ship.