Each Sweater Hand-Crafted
A traditional Cowichan Sweater hand-made to your specifications by Coast Salish Native Knitters, all with over 20 years of experience. Each sweater takes about two weeks to complete, and custom measurements can be taken.
Made for Outdoors
Your Cowichan Sweater can be used in most weather - from fishing on a boat in June to hiking the wilderness in the middle of winter. Due to it's bulky wool construction, the sweater regulates your temperature, resulting in never-too-hot never-too-cold. It's as rain and wind proof as a jacket, and as warm and comfortable as a sweater. To top it all off, it's so well constructed most people find their sweaters last them the rest of their life.
It is ideal for anyone who loves the outdoors.
How It's Made
These sweaters are hand knit from thick, undyed sheep's wool, and can take over 20 hours to complete. The wool used is double the thickness of any other wool used to knit, and the sweater is made into a single piece, not patched toghether. The end result is a heavy, durable knit that provides more protection from the elements than a jacket and also more comfortable. The only colours are that of real sheep's wool. Black, white or grey. The design features a traditional animal of you or the artist's choosing.
From the first day you put on your sweater, you're part of a club. You nod your head to passer-bys wearing one, and you are asked where you obtained it from others. All you know is that you are more comfortable than ever, and your sweater will serve you for the rest of your life.
To Sum It All Up...
- Hand Made: Your jacket is hand made by local Cowichan indiginous members, the old fashioned way. No factories here.
- 100% Wool: It's made of raw, undyed sheep's wool. This means the colour never fades or runs and the material breaths so you are always comfortable.
- Weather Resistant: Fear not rain, snow or wind. The wool is waterproof and windproof.
- Temperature Regulating: Feel warm in below-zero weather, yet comfortable on a mild summer day. The nature of bulky wool is it keeps just the right temperature, year round.
- Supporting Indiginous Families: Each jacket you buy directly benefits a first-nations family. It is hard work, a labour of love, and a dying art.
- Face of Native Satisfaction Guarantee: If you are not 100% happy with your Cowichan Sweater, we'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
These are hand made each order. Please allow approx. 2 weeks to ship.
Please provide your measurements via our Sizing Chart
Reviews Hide Reviews
I love the mitts and headband. They are very warm.
Great product! Used the instructions on how to measure and the resulting sweater fit perfectly! Outstanding work!!
Excellent Christmas Gift
I am so pleased with the sweater I purchased for my husband for this Christmas . I'm sure he will love it ! Amazing quality . Thank you Mabel !
i love the jacket
I love the jacket